Includes around 100 spells and recipes – many revealed for the first time – for eating, drinking and making your life merrier, along with plenty of practical advice on witchy subjects such as potions to improve your looks without ruining your bank balance!
Traditionally much of the work of the Witch took place around the hearth, where, herbs, plants and other ingredients were specially blended to create medicines to mend the body and heal the spirit, and foods and wines were created to celebrate the festivals of the Wheel of the Year. Today's hearth is the kitchen, and for many Witches it is the work-centre where they make the recipes and other 'tools' of their trade.
The book includes:
Oils, lotions and ointments, for magical and healing purposes
• Soaps and bathing distillations, to prepare for Magical undertakings.
• Brews and teas, using herb lore to heal the body and mind.
• Soups, stews and other foods to sustain the sick and aid healing.
• Candles and incenses, for use in Rituals and Magic.
• Cakes, biscuits and breads, to honour the Goddess and the God.
• Sabbat foods and wines to celebrate the Wheel of the Year.
• Sachets of herbs to be given to those seeking protection, healing, confidence and many other problems